Election judges work together to ensure their polling place is running smoothly and voters are properly served.
Please note: In south suburban Cook County we have had a surplus of Democrats apply for both the Equipment Manager and Election Judge role and positions for new applicants are not guaranteed. However there is still a need for Republican applicants in these areas.
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a registered voter of Cook County. Not registered? Register now. High school (juniors and seniors) and college students don’t need to be registered to vote, but must have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Serve in a suburban Cook County polling place
- Complete online and hands-on training classes.
- Set up the polling place with your fellow judges before Election Day
- Work on Election Day from 5 a.m. until the results are transmitted and the equipment has been packed up at the end of the night
- Serve voters while polls are open from 6 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Español, हिन्दी, 中文 - always needed