Become an Election Judge
Every election, nearly 10,000 election judges in 1,673 suburban Cook County precincts make sure polling places run smoothly and the election is carried out honestly and accurately. Our judges take pride in serving their communities and making voters feel welcome. Join us on Election Day and become a part of this process. The online application will be available August 15, 2014.
- Gubernatorial Election: Tuesday, November 4, 2014
- Be a registered voter of Cook County (Students who wish to apply should visit either our college or high school page for more information)
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be fluent in English (Spanish, Chinese & Hindi Bilingual Judges are always needed)
- Complete an online and hands-on training class
- Set up the polling place with your fellow judges before Election Day
- Assist voters and ensure they have the information needed to successfully cast their ballot
- Work with fellow judges from 5 a.m. until the polls close, the result are transmitted and the voting equipment and materials have been packed away
For information about serving in Chicago, visit chicagoelections.com or call (312) 269-7984.